“To be, or not to be: that is the question:Jasper Mu'tamid Kama is the oldest son and child between Zircon Kama and his former lover Fairuza Najjar and is the older brother to Topaz and the older paternal half-brother to Rhiannon.
Whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more; and, by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to, ’tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish’d. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there’s the rub.”
― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
- He has his mother name "Fairuza" on his collarbone.
Jasper seems to appear out of nowhere, in a black trench coat and a duffel bag like a vagabond without a home. "As a character within the group, his position is initially very confusing. He has a definite charisma, with a very abstract philosophy on life, but he's just one of those characters that could go either way, and do very bad or very good things." Trapped in a life by a tyrannical step-father, Jasper had decided to rebel and leave home, engaged in criminal behavior and drug abuse. His return will help Nick confront his dad and find the strength to pursue his own road.
In terms of his personality, Jasper is a pensive, passional, and intuitive boy. He likes reading, composing music, and through his tastes it crops out a dark and slightly depressive side which stays hidden. "Jasper is like in the shallow end, having fun nibbling at people's feet." In order to cope with them Jasper finally decides to cast aside all his wishes and embraces the only way to build his future.
Magical abilities and skillsEdit
- Liquid Ground Manipulation - Jasper can create, shape and manipulate liquid ground, including quicksand, liquefied soil, quick clay, and other liquefied forms of earth. Quicksand, in particular, consists of water and fine granular particles such as sand, silt and clay. He can use liquid ground for attacks as well as sinking enemies into the ground.
- Jasper is from Latin Gaspar, perhaps from the biblical Hebrew word גִּזְבָּר (gizbar) meaning "treasurer", derived from Persian ganzabara. This name was traditionally assigned to one of the wise men (also known as the Magi, or three kings) who were said to have visited the newborn Jesus. It has occasionally been used in the English-speaking world since the Middle Ages. The name can also be given in reference to the English word for the gemstone.
- Mu'tamid means "relying on, leaning on" in Arabic. Al-Mu'tamid was a 9th-century Abbasid caliph. This was also the name of an 11th-century Abbadid ruler of Seville, who was a patron of the arts and a poet.
- Kama means "love, desire" in Sanskrit. Kama is the winged Hindu god of love, the son of Lakshmi.
- He is associated with XVIII (18) which is in reference to the Tarot card The Moon.
- He is also associated with the Minor Arcana card the Eight of Coins.
- Jasper's favorite meal is fried catfish with watermelon rind pickles, macaroni and cheese, and biscuits with a slice of Lemon Ice Box pie.
- He suffers from nomadic antisocial personality disorder.
- He also suffers from systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Jasper also has eidetic memory and can read 35,000+ words per minute.
- His hobby is glassblowing.
- He is a pescetarian.
- He has a fear of birds.