“Now is the winter of our discontentRené (born Leonard Augurio Grimaldi) is the oldest child and son between Atticus Grimaldi and his wife Roxane, and is the older brother to Eva and Phinehas. He is also the older half-brother to Gorgo, Hiera, and Liriope through his father's mistress and sister-in-law.
Made glorious summer by this sun of York;
And all the clouds that lour'd upon our house
In the deep bosom of the ocean buried.”
― William Shakespeare, Richard III
René would be cursed and gave up his previous life and took up the moniker of René after René Descartes and would become a assassin and adviser to many noble families.
Magical abilities and skills Edit
- René is the French form of Renatus which is the Late Latin name meaning "born again". A famous bearer was the French mathematician and rationalist philosopher René Descartes (1596-1650).
- Leonard means "brave lion", derived from the Germanic elements lewo "lion" (of Latin origin) and hard "brave, hardy". This was the name of a 5th-century Frankish saint from Noblac who is the patron of prisoners and horses. The Normans brought this name to England, where it was used steadily through the Middle Ages, becoming even more common in the 20th century.
- Augurio is derived form the Latin meaning "good omen".
- Grimaldi is from the given name Grimaldo which is the Spanish and Italian form of Grimwald which is from the Germanic elements grim "mask" and wald "power, leader, ruler".
- He is associated with V (5) which is in reference to the Tarot card The Hierophant.
- He is also associated with the Minor Arcana card the .
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.